Part of RCV’s role is to advocate on behalf of people living in the municipalities we represent.
We do this through ongoing discussions with government ministers, bureaucrats and elected representatives, submitting to parliamentary or other inquiry processes, contributing feedback on budget proposals at a state and federal level, and circulating information to RCV members on key issues to encourage their participation in localised advocacy.
We also engage with the media directly advocate to Ministers and other elected representatives.
Find some of the key documents we have prepared for Federal and State Governments below.
- National Housing and Homelessness Plan submission (October 2023)
- Submission to the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Regional Development, Infrastructure and Transport Inquiry into the implications of severe weather events on the national regional, rural, and remote road network (2023)
- Submission to Royal Commission into National Natural Disasters
- Federal Election Platform 2022
- Submission to the Aged Care Royal Commission 2020.
- Submission to the Temporary Migration Inquiry 2020.
- Submission to the Inquiry into Regional Migration 2019
- Submission to the Inquiry into new skilled regional visas 2019
- 2019 Federal Election Priorities
- 2019 Federal Budget Submission
- Submission to the Inquiry into the Commonwealth Games cancellation (October 2023)
- Submission to Parliament of Victoria Inquiry into Rental and Housing Affordability (2023)
- RCV Response to Question on Notice from Parliamentary Inquiry into Rental and Housing Affordability (2023)
- Submission to Parliament of Victoria: Inquiry into 2022 Flood Event (2023)
- State Election Platform 2022
- Submission to DWELP re Land Regulations – Camping (2022)
- Submission to the IGEM Inquiry into the 2019-20 Fire Season
- Submission to Infrastructure Victoria's Infrastructure Priorities for the Regions / 30 Year Infrastructure Strategy
- Submission to the Local Government Rating System Review
- Submission to the Local Government Bill 2019 Discussion Paper
- 2019 State Budget Priorities
- 2019 State Election Priorities
- 2018 Local Government Act Submission
- 2017 State Budget Submission
- 2016 Submission to State Government inquiry into sustainability of rural councils