Part of RCV’s role is to advocate on behalf of people living in the municipalities we represent.
RCV understands the importance of being the voice of people who live in the rural areas.
We do this by participating in ongoing discussions with elected representatives on a range of issues, submitting to parliamentary or other inquiry processes, contributing feedback on budget proposals at a state and federal level, and circulating information to our members on key issues to encourage their participation in localised advocacy.
We also support these activities through media engagement and direct advocacy with Ministers and elected representatives.
Find out what our current advocacy priorities are, and read key documents we've prepared for Federal and State Governments below.
- Submission to Royal Commission into National Natural Disasters
- Submission to the Aged Care Royal Commission 2020.
- Submission to the Temporary Migration Inquiry 2020.
- Submission to the Inquiry into Regional Migration 2019
- Submission to the Inquiry into new skilled regional visas 2019
- 2019 Federal Election Priorities
- 2019 Federal Budget Submission
- Submission to the IGEM Inquiry into the 2019-20 Fire Season
- Submission to Infrastructure Victoria's Infrastructure Priorities for the Regions / 30 Year Infrastructure Strategy
- Submission to the Local Government Rating System Review
- Submission to the Local Government Bill 2019 Discussion Paper
- 2019 State Budget Priorities
- 2019 State Election Priorities
- 2018 Local Government Act Submission
- 2017 State Budget Submission
- 2016 Submission to State Government inquiry into sustainability of rural councils